Our Dhelkunya Dja (Healing Country) team is expanding.
DJAARA is looking for a Dhelkunya Dja – Djandak Wi Project Manager who will lead effective policy change and secure resources to enable DJAARA to assume a lead role in fire policy and practice, and to secure greater use of Djandak Wi (Country Fire). This role will oversee the important planning and implementation of a comprehensive fire policy and strategy for the Dja Dja Wurrung Group, develop a communication plan, provide strategic direction, secure State resources for the Dja Dja Wurrung Group to carry out Djandak Wi across Djandak (Country). The Djandak Wi Project Manager will liaise across all areas of the Group and engage at an operational and policy level with relevant State agencies, land managers and landholders.
Key Selection Criteria
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated commitment to Djaara self-determination.
- Specialist knowledge of policy and strategy development within government and/or the Indigenous sector.
- Sound knowledge of the Group’s role, structure, programs and aspirations
- Excellent research and analytical skills including the development of high quality written and verbal communication and materials.
- Capacity to lead and advocate effectively for positive change.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex policy and legal environments and the ability to create and capitalise on policy and advocacy opportunities.
- An appreciation of Djaara biocultural knowledge and sound knowledge of fire practice and policy.
- Relevant qualifications and /or experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and a statement addressing the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Monday, 27 September 2021.
For further information regarding this role, please contact;
Jim Brooks, Executive Team Manager
email@example.com or 0428 557 741