Do you have a commitment to establish Treaty processes that recognise Djaara sovereignty? Do you have a strong desire to provide knowledge and support to enable Traditional Owners self-determination? Do you enjoy building and maintaining sound and meaningful relationships? Then we would love to hear from you!
Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation trading as DJAARA is looking for a Traditional Owner Engagement Officer who will work with and support a vital area of the business. The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Partnerships and Policy
- Part-time (22.8 hours per week), 2 years Fixed Term Contract
- Bendigo CBD Location with an option for hybrid working arrangements
- Inclusive and vibrant work culture
DJAARA holds the native title rights of the Dja Dja Wurrung and describes Dja Dja Wurrung aspirations and the Corporation’s areas of responsibility and opportunity in the Dhelkunya Dja Country Plan (https://djadjawurrung.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Dhelkunya-Dja-Country-Plan-2014-2034.pdf). The goals in the Country Plan gives purpose to our work and sets out the community vision for our People to be strong, underpinned by our living culture, our lands and waters to be in good condition and actively managed to protect our values and to promote the laws, culture and rights of all Dja Dja Wurrung People.
How can you make an impact?
Being part of the Partnerships and Policy team at DJAARA you will build and maintain relationships by communicating sensitively and effectively with the Corporations Members.
You will have a crucial role in supporting the Dja Dja Wurrung representative on the First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria and ensuring the Corporations Members have a voice in the Assembly and other related agreement making processes.
What will you bring?
- An understanding and unwavering commitment to progress Treaty
- Experience working with Traditional Owners
- Proven experience managing a large group in a member-based environment
- Demonstrated experience in working with multiple stakeholders, including government and appointed agencies
- An understanding of people and the ability to think laterally
- The ability to plan and prioritise work according to the requirements of the group with a minimal amount of supervision.
There are many benefits of working at DJAARA
- Contributing to useful and rewarding work and giving something back to the community
- Training and career growth opportunities across DJAARA
- A portion of your income can be tax-free by salary packaging your personal expenses
- Additional tax-free salary packaging on dining and accommodation expenses
- Flexible work options available and work-life balance actively encouraged
- Access to free and confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- The salary is from 64K per annum + super (negotiable based on experience) with salary packaging available
How do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and a statement addressing the below targeted questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What techniques and practices will you bring to engage with the Corporations members?
- A commitment to and understanding of Dja Dja Wurrung culture
Position Description: PD – Traditional Owner Engagement Officer
Need more information?
If you require additional information, please contact Mark Costello, Manager Partnerships and Policy via email email@example.com or 0401 407 746
Applications are ongoing until a suitable candidate is found. Submit your application NOW!