Are you a creative yet strong leader who thrives in a team environment? Are you determined to make a significant contribution to your fellow community members by creating strong relationships and encouraging cultural and personal growth? Then we would love to hear from you!
- Full-time, 2 years Fixed Term Contract
- Bendigo CBD Location
- Inclusive and vibrant work culture
DJAARA holds the native title rights of the Dja Dja Wurrung and describes Dja Dja Wurrung aspirations and the Corporation’s areas of responsibility and opportunity in the Dhelkunya Dja Country Plan (https://djadjawurrung.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Dhelkunya-Dja-Country-Plan-2014-2034.pdf). The goals in the Country Plan gives purpose to our work and sets out the community vision for our People to be strong, underpinned by our living culture, our lands and waters to be in good condition and actively managed to protect our values and to promote the laws, culture and rights of all Dja Dja Wurrung People.
How can you make an impact?
The Program Manager – Member Engagement will focus on increasing member participation, delivering and developing the program and will be the driving force behind promoting, engaging, and supporting involvement with community members.
You will undertake the important task of supervising and supporting valuable roles within the Corporation so strong leadership qualities and the ability to work collaboratively as a team player are essential as well as taking initiative to creatively develop programs and relationships with Djaara members.
You must be able to work independently, be exceptionally well organized and have the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently, using excellent judgment while working quickly and efficiently in a changing environment.
What will you bring?
- The ability to facilitate and encourage stakeholder and community engagement to achieve objectives of the
- Effective & respectful communication skills including conflict resolution.
- Event management experience/awareness.
- Demonstrated project coordination skills and experience in managing multiple priorities with competing deadlines, as the ability to demonstrate initiative, self-motivation, and flexibility.
- Outcomes oriented, able to deliver on tasks yourself with autonomy and minimal oversight from a manager
- Proactive in connecting with members and responding to member needs.
- Ability to operate the usual suite of IT tools including Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint.
- Capacity to supervise and support a Cultural Events Coordinator and the Language Repatriation Team.
- Ability to travel within the region as this will be required
There are many benefits of working at DJAARA
- Contributing to useful and rewarding work and giving something back to the community
- Training and career growth opportunities across DJAARA
- A portion of your income can be tax-free by salary packaging your personal expenses
- Additional tax-free salary packaging on dining and accommodation expenses
- Flexible work options available and work-life balance actively encouraged
- Access to free and confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- The salary is from 74K per annum + super (negotiable based on experience) with salary packaging available
How do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and a statement addressing the below targeted questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What techniques and practices will you bring to engage with the Corporations members?
- What challenges do you see with member participation and what initiatives do you believe will support involvement with community members?
Position Description: PD – PD – Member Engagement – Branded (005)
Need more information?
If you require additional information, please contact Cassandra Lewis via email email@example.com or 0458 303 077
APPLY NOW! – Applications Closing as soon as the right candidate is found!