Our Galkangu (Joint Management) Team is looking for someone to lead the team.
$92K-96K per annum (depending on experience) + 10% Superannuation
Full-time (38 hours per week), 2 years Fixed Term Contract
Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging Option available
DJAARA is looking for a Program Manager Galkangu (Joint Management) who will lead the Joint Management Plan (JMP) implementation for DJAARA. This will entail JMP implementation program design, planning and delivering projects and activity outcomes to meet the program objectives, partner and stakeholder relationship management, active involvement in the Joint Management Plan Implementation Team (JMPIT), managing and reporting on JMP implementation funding, contributing to policy development and analysis, participating in state-wide groups and committees, and managing staff.
This role will suit someone with a strong track record in program management and significant experience of engaging with Traditional Owners and government authorities. Strong communication, stakeholder management, organisational and administrative skills are essential. The successful applicant will be required to lead and work effectively as a member of a team, will enjoy flexible working arrangements, and can expect to undertake a wide variety of work across the organisation.
Key Selection Criteria
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- An understanding of the importance of Country and culture to Dja Dja Wurrung People and their recognition as the Traditional Owners of central Victoria.
- Demonstrated relevant experience, qualifications and skills and knowledge in program and project management, with a focus on large and complex environmental and/or cultural heritage projects.
- Experience working with government authorities (5 years plus) to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience (5 years plus) in engagement with Traditional Owners, and community and stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent written and communication skills, including experience in negotiation and facilitation, delivering presentations, and preparing plans and reports. This includes the ability to effectively represent DJAARA in state and national forums.
- Demonstrated pro-active and creative approach to problem-solving and decision making.
- Demonstrated experience leading high-performing, multi-disciplinary teams, while demonstrating high degrees of self-motivation, ethical standards, and personal integrity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and a statement addressing the key selection criteria to email@example.com by CLOSING DATE EXTENDED to 5pm, Friday 29th October 2021.
For further information regarding this role, please contact; Tim Hoogwerf, Current Program Manager Galkangu (Joint Management) via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0428 624 081.
Please download the Position Description for more information outlining the purpose and accountabilities of the role.