A great opportunity is on the horizon.
The City of Greater Bendigo Council has a new Parks and Open Space Apprentice role. This role is offered exclusively to a Dja Dja Wurrung person and is intended to strengthen relationships and build connections between the City of Greater Bendigo and DJAARA as authorities responsible for public land management in Central Victoria.
Throughout the duration of the role you will develop a range of skills and assist with the delivery of a range of Parks and Open Space Services in the following areas:
– Parks and Gardens Management
– Project Management
– Nursery Production
– Customer Service and Administration
You will also be supported to obtain your Certificate III in Horticulture. Your classes will be during work hours and you will have the ability to apply what you learn in classes through your work with Council.
Key Selection Criteria
1. An interest and basic understanding of parks, open space and environmental management practices.
2. Good oral and written communication skills and a commitment to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
3. Ability to work effectively within a team environment and/or individually under routine supervision.
4. A positive attitude and a willingness to listen and learn new skills, practices and processes.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for this position, please address the key selection criteria accompanied by your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role via firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more information?
For more information regarding this role, please contact; Davina Wijesinghe Program Manager – Recognition and Settlement Agreement via email@example.com or call 0488 003 435.