Our On Grounds Crew is expanding! Do you have experience in Natural Resource Management, Civil Construction or Landscaping? Then we would love to hear from you!!
Djandak are looking for Rangers to support our Natural Resources Management ‘On Grounds Crew’ in order to deliver Dhelkunya Dja (Healing Country) Country Plan.
- Bendigo Location
- Full time – 9 day fortnight
- Salary – Gardening and Landscaping Award 3 (Negotiation based on experience and qualifications)
- Salary Packaging options available
How can you make an impact?
As a Djandak Ranger you will work as part of a team responsible for the overall management of Dja Dja Wurrung Country. This includes assisting with the operational delivery of natural resource management (NRM), landscaping and where appropriate, cultural heritage projects.
You will participate as a member of the works crew to ensure project tasks are carried out effectively and efficiently and in a safe manner
You will also assist in the implementation of natural resource management projects, including pest plant and pest animal management, revegetation, fencing, landscaping and other services as required.
What will you bring?
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence (manual).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in natural resource management projects including, pest plant control, pest animal control, revegetation programs, fencing projects.
- Certificate III in Conservation & Land Management, Cultural Heritage or equivalent experience including demonstrable Traditional Ecological Knowledge.
- Current trade qualifications including ACUP, Tree felling, Construction white card.
- Professional approach to workplace responsibilities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, in having the ability to work with others as part of a multi-functional team to deliver a high standard of professional services.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), and, Equal Opportunity and willingness to follow the Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation and Djandak policies, procedures and systems in the delivery of work projects
- Genuine desire to work on-Country to promote the aspiration of the Dja Dja Wurrung Country Plan 2014-2034
Do you have these qualifications?
- 4WD training (highly desirable) and qualifications in skid steer machinery operation (preferred).
- Tradesman or practical skills relevant to construction work (preferred).
- First Aid Level II
How do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role via DJANDAKJOBS@djadjawurrung.com.au
Need more information?
For more information, please download the Position Description or contact; Ann Lansberry for a yarn on 0427 387 871 or via email at DJANDAKJOBS@djadjawurrung.com.au .
Position Description – PD-Experienced Ranger