We are searching for a proud Dja Dja Wurrung person to showcase our Culture to the community through Corporate and Cultural events! Can you creatively design Cultural and Ceremonial opportunities that build supportive and trusting relationships with our Dja Dja Wurrung members? Then please keep reading!!
“The laws, customs and stories that make up Dja Dja Wurrung Culture guide the way we behave and the decisions we make every day. We pass these on to our young ones through song and dance, and through storytelling and walking Country, so that they can carry on our Peoples’ connection to Country”
- Full-time, 2 years Fixed Term Contract
- Bendigo CBD Location
- Inclusive and vibrant work culture
DJAARA holds the native title rights of the Dja Dja Wurrung and describes Dja Dja Wurrung aspirations and the Corporation’s areas of responsibility and opportunity in the Dhelkunya Dja Country Plan. The goals in the Country Plan gives purpose to our work and sets out the community vision for our People to be strong, underpinned by our living culture, our lands and waters to be in good condition and actively managed to protect our values and to promote the laws, culture and rights of all Dja Dja Wurrung People.
How can you make an impact?
We are seeking a creative, highly organized event planner to play an active role in leading corporate and cultural events and build Djaara member relationships. You will be responsible for developing ideas for the events, event planning, and working to set budgets, liaising with suppliers, communicating with members and clients, and ultimately ensuring that each event is run appropriately and respectfully. Travel within the region will be required.
What is involved?
- Building strong relationships with existing members.
- Supporting the facilitation of designated Dja Dja Wurrung corporate and cultural events.
- Performing research to gain deep understanding of different requirements and details of each event
- Planning and organize events, including researching and hiring vendors (catering ect), booking venues, planning transportation, inviting participants, and creating promotional materials.
- Meeting with sponsors, committees, organizations, and executives as necessary to discuss and plan event specifications such as scope, format, budget, administrative details, and special requirements.
- Handling, coordinating and overseeing all event operations, including Planning, schedule and organize time slots and speakers/ performers at event’s
- Assisting the Program Manager who is the first point of contact for members for rights, benefits, operations, and governance queries and information.
There are many benefits of working at DJAARA
- Contributing to useful and rewarding work and giving something back to the community
- Training and career growth opportunities across DJAARA
- A portion of your income can be tax-free by salary packaging your personal expenses
- Additional tax-free salary packaging on dining and accommodation expenses
- Flexible work options available and work-life balance actively encouraged
- Access to free and confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- The salary is from 64K per annum + super (negotiable based on experience) with salary packaging available
How do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and a statement addressing the below targeted questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What techniques and practices do you believe would encourage stakeholder and community engagement to achieve the objectives?
- What communication style will you bring to the role to ensure you connect with members and appropriately respond to their needs?
Position Description: PD – Events Coordinator PD
Need more information?
If you require additional information, please contact Cassandra Lewis via email email@example.com or 0458 303 077
APPLY NOW! – Applications Close as soon as the right candidate is found!