Looking to make a significant contribution to empowering Dja Dja Wurrung people in fire practice and restoring health to Dja Dja Wurrung Country?
We are looking for an exceptional planner with strong communications skills and cultural awareness to work with Dja Dja Wurrung to embed their knowledge and values into Djandak Wi planning and practice.
If you would like the opportunity to work with Dja Dja Wurrung to bring their vision in fire leadership to life, then DJAARA would love to hear from you!
- Full-Time Position
- Bendigo CBD Location with the option of Hybrid working arrangements
- Inclusive and vibrant work culture
How can you make an impact?
The Djandak Wi Strategic Planning Manager will support the strategic planning of Djandak Wi across Dja Dja Wurrung Country, supporting Dja Dja Wurrung to develop demonstration sites which exemplify cultural fire management practice and enabling Dja Dja Wurrung to practice fire on a number of different land types and tenures. You will work with partners in government and with Dja Dja Wurrung people, to bring Dja Dja Wurrung’s vision for healing Country to life.
Please view this short clip showing the importance of Traditional Burning on Country featuring our Chairperson, CEO and respected elders and members of the Dja Dja Wurrung community. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akeB6uVKwWE
What will you bring?
- Understanding of fire regulatory, policy and operational environment.
- Experience in planning and nominating burns and an understanding of fire operations.
- Demonstrated commitment to Djaara self-determination.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders and partners.
- Expertise in managing projects and working with people and systems to deliver outcomes.
- Experience in applied system and process development, including developing systems for monitoring and risk mitigation.
- Understanding of Djaara knowledge systems and experience working with Traditional Owners is highly desirable.
There are many benefits of working at DJAARA
- Contributing to useful and rewarding work and giving something back to the community
- Training and career growth opportunities across DJAARA
- A portion of your income can be tax-free by salary packaging your personal expenses
- Additional tax-free salary packaging on dining and accommodation expenses
- Flexible work options available and work-life balance actively encouraged
- Access to free and confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- The salary is from 85K per annum + super (negotiable based on experience)
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, a cover letter and a statement addressing the below targeted questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reflecting on the selection criteria, tell us what you think the top three skills that you can bring to this role are.
- Why do you think that restoring cultural fire practices to Dja Dja Wurrung Country is important?
For more information, please download the Position Description PD Djandak Wi Strategic Planning Manager June 2022
If you require additional information, please contact Freya James via email email@example.com or 0437 662 778
APPLY NOW – Act now the application will close once the right person is found!