Are you passionate about the environment?
Are you interested in working with Traditional Owners?
The Dhelkunya Dja Policy Officer – Climate Change will lead the development of a Dja Dja Wurrung Group Climate Change Policy. As part of the Dhelkunya Dja (Healing Country) Policy team, the position will ensure the Dhelkunya Dja goals are reflected in Dja Dja Wurrung and Government policy and strategy. The team plays a key role in supporting genuine partnerships and meaningful engagement between Djaara and the Government across all areas of the Dhelkunya Dja Country Plan.
Key Selection Criteria
1. Commitment to Djaara self-determination.
2. Experience and understanding of policy and strategy within government and/or the Indigenous sector.
3. Qualification and/or years of experience in the areas of the environment, climate change, land management, social science or similar.
4. Experience and/or interest in agricultural land use and planning and the ability/interest to build DJAARA’s involvement and capacity in these topics.
5. Excellent research and analytical skills including the development of high quality written and verbal communication and materials.
6. Experience in sensitively engaging with First Nations’ peoples.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for this position, please address the key selection criteria accompanied by your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the role via firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more information?
For more information regarding this role, please contact; Nate Perry, Program Manager – Dhelkunya Dja Policy via email@example.com or call 0427 701 908.